It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The MUTHA of all glitches!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:22 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

I was messing around in my non-warping glitch file, trying to get as much % as possible without warping through the map (I'm up to 298.9%); and i found the MUTHA of all glitches! You've probably heard of glitching into Julius mode before, but this is completely different. The Soma mode pause menus and configuration is completely un-changed.

Playing as Julius with all of Soma's souls and weapons useable! Plus, since I had already glitched up my Soma file so that I had access to all of Julius', Yoko's, and Alucard's abilities (and Alucard's sword)--I had access to all those abilities, too! In other words; Playing as Julius I could wield the VK, Valmanway, Alucard's sword, Soma's bat soul, Alucard's bat soul (bullet soul) yoko's spells, Julius' subweapons, Black Panther, hand guns, both Hellfire souls, etc, etc....

The only problem is, I didn't want to save the game like that (no back-up file and probably no way to fix it) and I couldn't repeat the glitch. I'm pretty sure I can do it again, but it might take a few tries. If anyone has any requests for seeing Julius use any soul/weapon in the game, just ask and I'll get pic.

If you want to try it, I'll explain how i did it as best as i can recall.

1. Warp to the condemned tower (left of Gergoth's room) and exit the room.

2. You should be in a room with a big chain forming the ceiling/roof of the room. Do the vertical succubus glitch to get onto the roof.

3. Do multiple super jumps until you are between 2 and 2.5 map screens above where you started. then start jumping/blk. panther-ing to the right. staying on the same horizontal level as much as you can.

4. When you have gone to the right 2 (or 2.5) map screens, start super-jumping strait up, Eventually you will loose control and start falling. Just let Soma fall to the "floor" (2-3 screens down)

5. If done correctly, you will regain control when you touch the floor, but the black panther soul won't be working (you'll be moving very slow). If the black panther soul seems to be working then repeat step 4.

6. Make your way back to the room you started in; being careful around the roof of Gergoth's boss room (if you get too low here, you'll get caught in a warp). When you can see yourself on the bottom screen again, you should be Julius! The black panther soul and the weapon you have equipped won't work unless you un-equip and re-equip them.

7. You should have full access to the pause menu, so to get back inside the castle, just suspend and load the suspended file. You will be standing in the doorway as Julius! When you go talk to Yoko or Hammer they will act like you are still Soma!!

note: don't save the game as Julius unless you have a back-up file!
Most likely, there is no way to go back to Soma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Wow, nice find, but I'm not going to try it.

How does julius use weapons like the great swords? He has no sprites for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:00 pm 
mokou fuck yeah
mokou fuck yeah

Probably just like Richter in por. He uses his whipping sprites for every weapon, no matter if it's a whip, sword, spear or maria's birds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:56 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

I see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:36 pm 
Minion
Minion

This didn't work for me.
I don't think I did anything wrong but I might have.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:52 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

i did it twice but both times i turned out 2 be soma until i suspended and wen i loaded the suspend i was yoko and she keeps her normal wep sprite cant hippogryph jump and wenever i use a soul like bat company gergoth or anything the only sprite she uses is one of her goin back slightly coming back forward and repeating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:20 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Here's a cool glitch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4slKXtUu7s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:50 pm 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

that's just using glitched souls.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:23 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

This glitch is real tricky. I haven't gotten it to work again since the first time. I think your position on the map has to be just right to get Soma to turn into Julius (like 2.5 screens up, then 2.25 screens right--but not sure)
Jonathan Morris wrote:
wen i loaded the suspend i was yoko

hey that's getting pretty close, I'd say...I wish I could remember my exact movements on the first try; but I will get it eventually. I'm not gonna stop trying to figure it out until I get some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:49 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

ive turned into yoko 4 times now still no julius but whats weird is i go 2.5 screens up then 2.5 screens right i nothing seems to happen (except the occasionally really glitched up soul) then i go another screen right and before i get to the middle of that screen i stop moving at about 25% of the screen and wen i load suspend im yoko
the first few times i tryed this i stoped moving exactly in the middle of the third screen (2.5 screens over) and fell but i forgot ur supposed to stop moving so after a few ways to try and move i reset (stupid)
i also forgot the part where ur supposed to jump up after goin 2.5 screens right which i just re read now and im gunna go try that
and also if u changed your soma mode into a julius mode with the glitch then u changed ur character to julius u might be able to play the game as julius normally but with one difference- if you beat the game b4 u did this youd have the NG+ icon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:21 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

I already have the new game+ symbol over that file, but when you glitch your game and start a new game+, the game keeps all the effects of the glitch...in other words: if your pause menu gets disabled and you do a NG+, the new game will have a disabled pause menu.

Also, it seems like you might have found a key factor for this glitch: suspending. I only got Soma to turn into Julius one time (without suspending) but you said you got Yoko 4 times with suspending. All the times that I returned to the screen and was still Soma; I reset--but i should've suspended, maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:38 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

ive gotten a julius mode type pause screen started a new game and it was back to normal (although sometimes when i enter my equip menu the game freezes) and also when i first red ur post and then did it myself i thought u had suspended because ive been soma every time
but whats extra weird is if u walk left into the warp room (just hold left down and ull reenter the room a few times until u stay in there)
youll eventually loop back to the floor and u wont need to suspend to get out altough it seems you are soma and u are in every aspect except wen u suspend ur yoko if u reenter without suspending like i sed above go to any room with an enemy let it hit u
the scream u make will be yokos voice all though everything else is soma

i still havent managed to turn into julius i went to the middle like i was supposed to and b4 i started super jumping up i started falling
i waited until i hit the ground but just a little while b4 i hit the ground the game froze im going to try to suspend the game as soon as i start falling and then the game shouldnt have any reason to freeze
although it probably still will...
maybe u will be able to do it because ur the only one whose done it correctly u should do it like u did other times and then suspend either as soon as u start falling or wen u get back on screen as soon as u start falling wuld be better because unless u turn into the character wile ur falling and not as soon as u start falling itll just be quicker

oh and also 5 times yoko 4 times freezing 0 times julius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:32 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

i tryed it a few more times but every time i got to middle right b4 i hit ground level i freeze
also i tryed 2 suspend as soon as i start falling and im soma completely normal wen i load suspend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:31 pm 
Minion
Minion

I found another way to be julius with menu :OOOOO
But you can get back on the map

Warp to the clock tower place
Go in the room to the right of Zephr's Boss room.
Succubus glitch vertically and you'll shoot upward on the map like most SBGs do.
Slide exactly 1 map screen past where you started and get as close as you can to the room you came from.
Then just wait a while and you should somehow turn into Julius, menu acsesible and then you should stop moving.
you can got to the left and try to get back to where you came but then...
well you have to try it to understand what I'm tryin to say.
Craps that it doesn't let you get back though :(

Last edited by Freakguy on Tue May 08, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:33 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Good find Freakguy! I will definetly try that...we might be able to get back in after the map cursor stops warping. In some rooms, if you SG out and come back, there's no way back in--'cuz when you get back to the room and touch the wall you start warping again...but it might be possible to actually succubus glitch back in! I've done it on other rooms.

I'm really glad you found this 'cuz the glitch that I was testing was not working...and after one of many tests I saved with a disabled equip menu; oops! So I had to start a new game+ to fix it...it really sucks 'cuz i was at 299.4% without warping!! But I got a chance to do some NG+ glitch testing and found some interesting things:

1. If you SG at the opening cutscene (fighting the 3 monsters) you can kill the golem with the death soul while you are pretty far off the screen. And if the both you and the golem are not on the screen when it dies, you don't get a soul! ...and the game won't let you progress--you have to reset.

2.If you vertical SG the first boss fight (flying armor) you can actually kill the boss while both of you are outside the castle!! You have to wait until you stop warping and start running back towards the castle. This glitch also had a strange side effect on the rest of the game...see #3

3. Many bosses gone from their rooms--I never fought them in my new game+, but after SGing the 1st boss, Balore, Bat Company, Zephyr, both Paranoias, and Gergoth were gone...and Gergoth's broken floors were all broken. But strangely enough, only one of the pink walls blocking the paranoia bosses was gone; the middle one, Killer clown.

4. This may be old but it's new to me: the succubus soul will heal you when you are touching the pink walls blocking Paranoia (axe armor, ukoback).