It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Julius Mode Boss Rush Tactics
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:23 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Start with Yoko and backflip out the door. It's faster if you cancel the first backflip by crouching, then immediately backflip again since it slows down a lot towards the end.

Flying Armor - Yoko - Jump and fire Holy Lightning while moving to the right. Jump again and hit his feet with your club while still moving right. He should die on your way to the door. To be safe, though, I usually try and club him twice.

Balore - Alucard - Just keep doing shorthop double slashes using Shadow Warp to avoid his attacks. If he tries to use his horizontal punches you can jump on his hand and Shadow Warp, then slash again as you fall afterwards.

Dmitrii - Alucard - Run towards him. When you're about half a screen length away (usually at about the same time he tries to use Malachi), use Hellfire. Usually only two of the fireballs will hit him. It will knock him back. Run towards him and land-cancel an attack then immediately use Hellfire upon landing. Then use another Hellfire. He should hit you with a Hellfire of his own at this point. Immediately after it hits you, use yet another Hellfire, then slash him once right after that.

Puppet Master - Alucard - Back-dash-cancel a Hellfire then start running towards him. As soon as he's within range, start shorthop double slashing, trying to avoid any puppets he may throw at you. If done properly, you will kill him before (sometimes JUST before) he manages to hurt you.

Dario - Yoko - Ice. After it hits him you can do a shorthop and club him once, then immediately use Ice again. Just keep doing that.

Rahab - Yoko - Hold right as you fall and shoot a Holy Lightning just before you hit the ground, then turn around and start backflipping to keep up with him. If he gets too far away the lightning stops hitting him. Try and club him a couple of times while you're over there, then use Holy Lightning once more if he's not dead.

Gergoth - Alucard - Shorthop double slash until he dies. You'll have to avoid a couple of attacks since he takes a while to kill.

Zephyr - Alucard - Shorthop double slash. Back-dash-canceling Hellfire while you're close enough to him to make sure all 3 fireballs hit can speed things up a little bit. At this point, if you have more than 180 HP and enough MP for 4 Hellfires, go to Bat Company, otherwise, grab Zephyr's orb. Bat Company's orb appears faster, however, so it is best to try and beat Zephyr with enough HP and MP so as to not have to grab his orb.

Bat Company - Alucard - As soon as you land, shorthop double slash WITHOUT making any horizontal movement. When you land, just wait. Bat Company will run into you. As soon as he does, hold up and start jamming on the Y button, ignoring the fact that he's damaging you. It takes 4 Hellfires to kill him. If you grabbed Zephyr's orb you shouldn't need to wait for Bat Company's. If you got this far without grabbing an orb you will almost certainly be in desperate need of one, so grab Bat Company's.

Paranoia - Alucard - Shorthop double slashes. When he starts hovering directly over you quickly jump up and slash him once. You will get hit when you try and do this. As soon as you touch the ground, jump up and you should be able to slash him twice without taking a hit thanks to the brief invincibility granted upon taking damage. When you land from that, just wait. As he rears back to kick you, back-dash-cancel Hellfire to dodge the kick. As soon as the fireballs shoot out start shorthop double slashing again. If you're fast enough he won't even start hovering directly over you again before he dies. You shouldn't need to wait for his orb.

Aguni - Yoko - No real strategy here, just spam Ice making sure it double-hits each time. Just hope you get lucky and he doesn't spam that attack where he flies out the top of the screen since it wastes a LOT of time. Also, remember that you can move around while casting Ice if you cast it mid-jump or back-dash-cancel it. Hopefully you won't need to wait for this guy's orb because Aguni takes forever to die.

Abaddon - Alucard - Just keep shorthop double slashing, as usual. Back-dash-cancelled Hellfires can speed things up just like in the Zephyr fight. If he gets close enough to a wall that you can hit him with your back against the wall there's another way to damage him very quickly. Attack, back-dash-cancel your attack, tap down VERY slightly, just enough to make Alucard duck, then, immediately after releasing down on the d-pad, repeat this process. If done properly you can attack ridiculously quickly. If you're low on HP or MP, grab Abaddon's orb. It doesn't take too long to appear.

Death - Alucard - Shorthop double slash. Again. If he tries to use his charging scythe attack hit him with Shadow Warp. If timed properly (which isn't hard) you'll hit him twice and avoid both of his attacks. Then start going to town with shorthop double slashes again. When he transforms, continue going to town with shorthop double slashes. If he summons skulls, run back and forth to avoid them while jumping and slashing at him. If he throws his scythe, just keep slashing him making sure to avoid his scythe. The smaller sickles aren't as important to avoid since they are far less damaging. If he uses his teleport slash then either guess which side of you he will appear on or hope you have good reflexes. You should have time to use Hellfire, back-dash-cancel it, attack once immediately after back-dash-canceling your Hellfire, then use Shadow Warp. If you're fast enough every hit will connect except that the bottom fireball of your Hellfire attack will generally go under him. Keep in mind that he will always teleport to the same side of you when using his teleport slash, so only the first time he uses it will be a mystery.

My best time using these strategies as of this posting is 4:12:55.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:40 am 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Julius is faster for Balore right? Or are you using Alucard so you don't waste MP?

For Paranoia, before he comes down, it's Hellfire then back dash right?

I'll ask more questions when I try them out more. :P

Also for Yoko backdashs, I usually use small jump. If you small jump after after pressing backdash, you'll jump at the speed of the backdash. Dunno if it's just me, but when I crouch after a backdash, it seems to pause for a bit. Maybe I'm pressing down too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

I haven't really tried Julius too much on Balore, but it's probably worth a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he used up too much MP, though.

Yeah, just before Paranoia comes down on you, use Hellfire, then back-dash.

Right, small jumps. It's weird that I forgot that, because that's how I move around in the actual game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:09 pm 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Hmm ok, for Abaddon what do we do for each of his attacks? I pretty much just detailed info on that and then everything is set. :)

Post subject: Question for KillerCucumber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

KillerCucumber,

how in the world do you fight Zephyr with Alucard? Every time I try, I get slaughtered by his forward slashes. I always fight him with Julius, using the whip and holy water, and it seems to take way too long. Do you just backdash really quickly to dodge? And how about when you're jumping, and he freezes time? I get hit every time. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:13 am 
mokou fuck yeah
mokou fuck yeah

If you're good enough you can try to avoid him too.

As Alucard, go to the right wall and make him charge you. Jump over him, then from the other side start attacking to try to force him to start the time stop. He should be by the wall. Once he does (crouches down, trail effects appear around him and he laughs), back off a bit and use al's special attack. It should hit Zephyr from offscreen, and as he stops the time you'll be forcefully pushed into bat company's room.

The same works on the other side, but you'll be warped to an empty gergoth room and get stuck there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:53 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Interesting...I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.