It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SotN glitch question Entrance in Inverted Castle
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Hello, I have a question about the glitch map.

How can I enter the rooms at the Entrance in the Inverted Castle?
On the Map 61/12, 62/12 & 62/13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

With a glitch tech called edge travel and a perfectly placed wingsmash...

Just make sure that the edge of the room is at least 1 inch off the edge of the tv screen when the 1st HR goes off. Then make sure you hold down the other HR while the 1st one is going, and when the 2nd one starts, hold down the 1st button, etc.

This tech opens a small open space on the edge of the screen (not visible) and you can either slowly tap right while holding up; in bat form. Or back dash into the doorway and QUICKLY turn to bat, to get into the open space. Also, if you don't start the wing-smash from that exact spot, you won't be able to get into the area...and using a library card is the easiest way out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:26 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Thanks it has work great. Now I have finish all rooms (without white fields). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:16 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Awesome! Now that you have 201.2%, you should be able to do the infinite life max-up glitch; and get up to 9999 hp! It's the newest known glitch for SotN, so the method is still being worked on, but here's what I can tell you. Firstly, it has only been confirmed for game files at 201.2% or higher. Secondly, once you do the glitch on 1 file, you can do a soft reset or kill yourself, load any other file (even a Richter file) and have the glitch still be in effect!!

Use this video only as a reference to show what location in the castle you need to do the glitch at, and use the same "starting room" for the wolf run, but almost everything else in the video is in-correct and incomplete.

--sword-slashing is not required
--shield-dashing is not required
--diagonal gravity jump is not required
--Hard reset/turning off console will turn off the glitch.

My method:
Run from the same room as the video, but start on the right side of the room. Kill the 1st and 2nd shade, but avoid hitting the 3rd and 4th frozen shade. Keep running to the little waterfall, then back-dash to ferry man. Land on the boat and jump off right away. Back-dash to frozen shade (let it hit you) but keep back-dashing...by the time you get to the next shade you will get a "slow-down" glitch activated.

During the "slow-down" portion of the glitch, do not transform unless you are in the starting room (I call it the safe room), or the game might freeze.

With slow-down glitch on, go back to the safe room (in-between big waterfall and frozen shade room) and turn into wolf; then start another wolf-run from the left side of the room and kill the first shade. If your heart indicator number starts flashing, then you have activated the infinity glitch and no longer have to worry about freezing the game. If nothing happens, just repeat the last step over and over.

Now certain items in the underground lakes will spawn everytime you re-enter the room: life max-up & heart max-up by the wooden bridge area, pentagram and secret boots, just left of there. Shiitake and toadstool, just right of there; and an elixer in the far right ferry man area. Also, if you are playing on a Ps1 or Ps2 console, you will probably get glitched back-ground graphics, those are fixed by doing a hard reset.

here's some pics showing 9999 hp!!! and the slightly glitched pallette in a few different places--CD rooms won't fix the graphics.
ImageImage