It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do you unlock items in Boss Rush Modes?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Would anyone be able to post the conditions that must be met in order to obtain all unlockables from each Boss Rush Mode? The Unlockables List shows what's available in each of the 3 modes but doesn't say what you have to do in order to get them.

I've unlocked a music item with Maria and Rondo of Blood "Peke" with Richter after finishing the Normal rush mode. When I play through for the third time, I don't get anything new. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:49 am 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

As far as I know, you need to play the boss rush over again to get the rest of the stuff. The order I posted them in on the lockables page should be the order you get them in. So if you already got Peke in boss rush normal (it should be on your third try), you're pretty much done with normal and should move to dash and full.

This SHOULD be the way how they are all unlocked in boss rush (confirmed by many people), but the only real way to know is to wait for the official guide.

Oh and welcome to the forums. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:04 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Thanks for the reply and the welcome, Persona :)

Believe it or not, I unlocked Music No. 26 the first time I played thru Boss Rush on Normal with Maria. Then I played thru again with Richter, expecting to unlock No. 32, but I got Peke instead :? Not that I'm complaining, as I've seen some people on the web claiming that you have to beat Boss Rush Mode in under 8 mins. and have the Key equipped all the way from before you battle the werewolf until the end in order to unlock it. Thankfully that didn't seem to be the case. Subsequent playthrus of the mode left me emptyhanded unfortunately. Anywho, thanks again for your reply and for hosting a most awesome C'vania site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:30 am 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Hmm then I guess the three unlockables for each mode is in random order then. Did you try beating normal boss rush on the fourth try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:03 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Ahh, evidently your times do play into the mix to some degree.

I finished Normal Rush in 7:27.27, and I was using Maria - for some odd reason Richter's agility doesn't match hers :wink:

Dash Rush I finished in 8:15.53, also with Maria.

After these times, I was awarded with the missing Music No's.

Now the damnable quest of finishing Full Rush 3 times - I've failed at Dracula on 2 separate tries :cry: Too bad it takes roughly 15 mins per attempt.

I hope this helps anyone with the same problem I had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:14 pm 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

i don't think time makes a difference. on Normal and Dash, my times were always pretty consistent (5-6 minute range.) and the three times i did Full, they were all 11-12 minutes.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:29 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Maybe time doesn't make a difference after all. Then again, those times I posted were significant improvements over my initial times. Could be that beating your best time has an effect, maybe not. All I know is that I'm practically to the point of inventing cuss words, as I've gotten all the way to Drac's final form about 5 times in Full Rush and died when he had about one more hit's worth of damage left. So close, yet sooooooo far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

RaptorXS wrote:
All I know is that I'm practically to the point of inventing cuss words, as I've gotten all the way to Drac's final form about 5 times in Full Rush and died when he had about one more hit's worth of damage left. So close, yet sooooooo far...

i know your pain. Dracula got a cheap kill in too many times on me. just keep at it, and you'll eventually do it.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44