It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:54 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

HUGE update on my times. I got my Boss Rush Normal time lower than I even thought possible. I didn't even notice how fast I was going until I got to Shaft - when I looked at the timer I actually did a double take (or as much of one as you can do when everything you're looking at is on the PSP screen). Also, cut some time off of my Full Boss Rush time, though it could still stand to be noticeably lower. Anyways, here are my new times:

Boss Rush Normal - 04:18.29 (!)
Boss Rush Dash - 04:02.41
Full Boss Rush - 11:37.32

Total - 19:58.42

Huzzah! Sub-five minutes on Boss Rush Normal and a sub-twenty minute total. Life is good...

Still gotta get sub-four minutes on Boss Rush Dash, and I bet a sub-nineteen minute total will be possible once I get a better Full Boss Rush time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:13 am 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Started fooling around in boss rush with Richter again.

What subweapon do you use for Dracula? I use the axe since I can take off around 30% of his health when he does the blood rain move.

One thing that has been bugging me though is what exactly triggers the second and third subweapon. In the same battle, I sometimes am able to throw two weapons, sometimes one. The battle that comes to mind is the Wyvern battle. After tossing two, I can't seem to be able to toss the second one for awhile. This happens when I have no subweapon on screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:49 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

I use the axe against Dracula's third form for the same reason, though I find I can usually take off closer to 50% of his health before he finishes using that Blood Rain attack. You can whip him twice before he teleports into the corner, if that helps.

Regarding the subweapon thing, if your total hearts drops below twenty, you can only have one on-screen at any given time. Above twenty hearts, and you can have two. For that reason, it's faster to take the extra time to gather at least twenty-five hearts before fighting the Wyvern. Hopefully that's what you meant.

I also have some new times, but I don't have my PSP on me at the moment. It's gotten to the point where I use the Key on almost every boss, though. It's so needlessly/inexplicably powerful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:12 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Got my PSP back, and here are those times I mentioned:

Boss Rush Normal - 04:16.46
Boss Rush Dash - 03:59.53 (phew, just made it...)
Full Boss Rush - 10:37.34

Total - 18:54.13

Passed a few landmarks here: Sub-four minutes on Boss Rush Dash, sub-eleven minutes on Full Boss Rush and sub-nineteen minutes Total.

I was really nervous while I was waiting for Shaft's Ghost's orb to fall that I wouldn't quite make it. Stupid slow-falling orbs...

Anyways, I don't see myself cutting much time off of my current Boss Rush Normal and Boss Rush Dash times at this point - like I said, the strategy is basically "kill the first boss or two, grab the Key and never look back," except I use Holy Water for Hydro Storm against Shaft's Ghost. I don't even grab the Stopwatch for use against the Minotaur and the Dullahan anymore, as doing so means not having the Key against Death and Shaft.

I'm sure I could still cut off some time from my Full Boss Rush time, maybe even to sub-ten minutes, but I'm not sure I'm going to bother (at least not anytime soon), as Full Boss Rush can be rather frustrating. A sub-eighteen minute total may be possible as well, though it would require an insane amount of luck (or a TAS).

In any case, I think I'm gonna take a little break and get some Zelda-ing done - my friend just lent me The Minish Cap the other day. I'll still be around to respond to any questions/comments you have, though. I might copy my file and mess around with Maria a little bit, too, though, frankly, I really don't care for her style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 am 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Keeping a few notes here in case I forget. Maria dash:

Serpent (book):

First two boss attacks can get 3 hits from Maria's birds each. Third attack dies to itemcrash (10 hearts).

Bone Golem (book):

First form attack with birds (it's fire attack will waste more time than his arm attack).

Second form use item crash (10 hearts). Can hit up to 8 times before it goes offscreen.

Third form stay on the left and kill with birds.

Dogether (seiryu):

Itemcrash (50 hearts). Stay right in the middle so the desperation attack attacks asap.

Carmilla (suzaku):

Each suzaku hits twice. Try to kill Laura as far right as you can.

Hydra (seiryu):

When battle starts use one seiryu and continue with normal attacks. Second form use itemcrash (50).

Shaft (seiryu):

Stick to one side and spam birds, when he teleports to the other side, drag him back by using seiryu.

Shaft's Ghost (seiryu):

Itemcrash (50).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:51 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Well, I finished The Minish Cap a couple of days ago, so I've since resumed Boss Rushing. I beat my Boss Rush Normal time by a bit, so here are my new times:

Boss Rush Normal - 03:57.53
Boss Rush Dash - 03:59.53
Full Boss Rush - 10:37.34

Total - 18:35.20

Only one change, but a pretty noteworthy one. This also marks the first time my Boss Rush Normal time is lower than my Boss Rush Dash time.

With both of those times under four minutes, my gaze now falls on Full Boss Rush and a sub-ten minute time.