It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Your opinion on SotN Maria?
Yay 16%  16%  [ 1 ]
Meh 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Your opinion on SotN Maria?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:39 pm 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

I voted meh overall. Her redone sprite looks much better than the SS version and she resembles her RoB self more when it came to attacks.

Things I didn't like was:

The hit detection on her birds. I don't mind the VERY low damage, but I found it annoying how the bird is all over the enemy yet it hits like once every 2-3 seconds. I don't expect very fast DPS like Alucard's criss, but they should've at least made the DPS on the same level as her RoB remake version since her damage is utter crap.

Her animals. I found most of them useless. An example would be the phoenix. In RoB it was used for anti air and you could at least walk around. In SotN, you stand in place while the wings hit from the left and right. If that's the case, I might as well just use her normal attacks. But wait, they also suck. Her crashes are decent at best. The cat crash was nice since it acted as a criss......for like 3 seconds......for like 20 hearts. Would also like to add that the damage was still shitty.

Next are her passive abilities. It felt like they were only added to get through the game instead of actually making her different from the rest of the cast. You have the usual double jump (instead of triple) with the usual jump kick. You have the usual Richter bladedash. You have the usual super jump. You have the usual slide. Only thing new I can think of is that she can glide after super jumping and that she can hold 2 subweapons at a time.

They could've made her a bit stronger and you know, more exclusive when it comes to character differences. My perfect version of Maria would be to tone down the SS attacks and paste in her DXC sprite and normal attack. At least in the SS version she actually learned something new through her years like kicking. In DXC we just get same old child Maria, just worse. This is like a lvl 1 cap from PoR, rather a challenge, it's more like frustrating and annoying because it takes forever to kill an enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 pm 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

Agreed on all counts, although i do actually use Suzaku as my backup subweapon. it saved my ass in the Anti-Chapel.

what really quirks me is that her moonjump only goes straight up. getting into tight places (like in both Chapels) is unnecessarily tedious.

her slide and forward roll are useless. the slide doesn't always do damage for some odd reason, and the roll is basically a suicide move.

her dashes are her best move, being able to skip door scenes and all. they'll probably wear out my shoulder buttons though.

if Richter's game was considered Hard Mode, Maria's is Crazy Mode simply because she is immensly underpowered. at least she looks pretty.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:43 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Satoryu wrote:
... the slide doesn't always do damage for some odd reason...

wait... I wonder if her slide does ANY damage at all? I was trying all sorts of thing with Maria, and the one that took me forever to test is "how much damage her slide is dealing". I tried for 2 hours and still cannot find a single enemy that took ANY damage from her slide (of course, Maria is the one who took damage instead... :? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

I voted "yay" even though her slide doesn't do any damage ever. I'll play Maria mode over Richter mode any day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:05 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

Location: Under some IC stairs, near darkwing bat room, taking a shower and some rest
Voted Meh, seem you didnt played saturn outta :D