It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Well, it's here...comments? questions?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Thanks. I got most of those other items by completing Training Hall and Large Cavern.

With Albus, is it possible to pass through areas that needs the Paries glyph? If not, then I suppose it might not be possible to get 100% map completion with him which is what I was trying to do. :?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

yeah, you can warp past them.

i gotta say i love Albus Mode. i think i actually enjoyed it more than the normal game.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

You can warp past them? I can't seem to do that for the one in Tymeo Mountains. x_X

Albus's dps is off the wall. I rarely use his A attack though. Optical and Max Shots seem to do everything quite well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 am 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

H-F Blade wrote:
You can warp past them? I can't seem to do that for the one in Tymeo Mountains. x_X

try to be as close to the wall as possible, so there's enough room to actually warp into.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:29 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Large Cavern is really kicking my ass in Albus mode. I'm level 36 and everything does so much damage. It takes me long enough to get to Jiang Shi but by the time I get to him my hp is under 300. His energy ball attacks are all pretty slow but the problem is when he has more than one of them on the screen. Is there any way to get rid of them? Touching any of them means death for me at that point. :( In the main game, all I did was use the wing and shield glyphs then spam whatever attack glyph I felt like using. The shield got rid of the energy ball but now I can't do that in this mode. I felt inclined to just stand off to the side and go auto-fire on him but I didn't want to go down in dumb way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:31 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

Location: Under some IC stairs, near darkwing bat room, taking a shower and some rest
I would try to level up more albus before doing this, in the main game like you sayd, to get wings you are way over lvl36, i believe

With higher level maybe would take more hit, but surely will do more damage at least

Hard mode caplvl1 with albus seem to be quite a challenge... I wont even think on large carvern that way lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:42 am 
mokou fuck yeah
mokou fuck yeah

yeah no kidding. jiang shi deals over 700 damage with the energy ball on level cap 1, so i doubt you'd live long, even after collecting hp/mp/heart max ups until you hit the max limit of 30 per type.

for the record i hacked myself there in the emulator to rip him, using the savefile which i dumped from my ds that had both modes cleared. i tried the albus hard mode level 1 on new game+ for the lulz.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

So for Albus what level should I be around to defeat Jiang Shi? I try my absolute hardest to get to him without taking a hit but it's pretty tough since you have to rely so much on teleport to avoid the Double Hammer and Weapon Master enemies. When I'm fighting him, what should I do? When he gets 3 energy balls on the screen I don't want to spam teleport too much because I might accidentally teleport into one. x_X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:59 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

Location: Under some IC stairs, near darkwing bat room, taking a shower and some rest
I agree its probably not easy, with 3 balls your nearly toast, that clear, you need to take him down faster than this

That why i suggest to lvl up, should do more damage that way, but no idea how much you need, sry

I tryed also lvl1 albus but after 3 screens i sayd "ok, that too much for me now..."

I saw some threads on gfaqs guys claiming they are at montains... maybe farther now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:34 pm 
!?
!?

Finally got it yesterday, just finished it. I must say it isn't exactly balanced - In the beginning, I struggled to kill anything with my crappy gear, and going from random sidescroller stage to random sidescroller stage during the first two hours wasn't exactly great, either. The ice sword union got me past Albus, and as I wandered through the castle, I suddenly found top gear everywhere. The nova sword union is ridiculous, and various boosts from rings led to me beating Death and Drac on the first try in, what, 30 seconds? At level 30, mind you.

Anyway, can I get a brief summary of discoveries so far? Best gear? Abusable combos? Any glitches? OoB warping?

Also, what do you lose in a NG+, and how does 255 cap work?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:45 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

You should have a look on gfaqs, now theres guides for everything

Doing NG+ keep you everything, including exp, beating lvl1cap will unlock lvl255 on every files, and will get you queen of heart too (50% heart cost)
If you have judgement and connect to wii youll directly get lvl255 unlock
Well you dont keep key glyphs like wings, magnet, dominus ect... else would be weird lol

Beating rush mode give many good items
youtube.com Video from : youtube.com

Best general combo glyph i know is this :
youtube.com Video from : youtube.com

Wings turn the game into rtype lol, if only whe could use medusa AND wings together... would have been realy fun

Only real big bug i heard of was for the quest with collar, if you had one in inventory from ng+ and dont speak in right order for quests, you gonna screw the master ring reward

Theres a bug on lvl up while transformed, give more stats bonus, but that temporary and after reset its gone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 am 
!?
!?

So, if I start a lvl 1 cap NG+ game from a normal mode save where I'm lvl 30, then beat lvl 1 cap and start over again on Normal, will I be lvl 30 again?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

Yes and whatever exp you acquired from lvl1 cap will be added to that lvl30

Exp dont cap at lvl99, even if your level is capped 99, i think it cap only at 255 (well would assume so... im 105 only)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Finally defeated Jiang Shi and eventually completed Albus mode. :D Will probably begin hard mode lvl1 cap runs sometime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:02 pm 
!?
!?

In Albus mode, kill Drac while touching the boss door. It will open and close again, Albus will keep walking against it, Drac will be locked in his death animation, and you will have to reset the game.