It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Kof XI - Theorical Combo Test & Cap thread.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:56 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

The name says it all.

I need our members with PS2/Arcade KOF XI to test out all the combos posted in Theorical Combos. Whether you find them possible or not will be discussed so we can start scrapping useless material or adding valuable work. Afterwards, when the combo is tested, need our cappers to do the high quality capture into video so we can add it to the final works.

Afterwards, when we make the first selection of works done and realize we still need more material, the thread of Theorical Combos will be open again for new theorical combos.

Note: If i see any new theorical combo in here, I will delete it. Unless it's an improvement or an add-up to any of the combos mentioned in the Theorical Combo thread.

Questions or comments? Up for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:11 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

just one thing..all of the combos i've posted are verified by myself on ps2 so they all are working

but tell me one thing..you said that everyone needs at least 2 combos to be in the vid..i'm still at 1 and working for another..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:20 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

If you tested every combo, of course you'll be credited.

Another thing is: the project is not finished yet. This is only a first pause to arrange the stuff we have. So, it's highly possible you can perform your other (or even more combos).

Now, I need you to copy/paste the combos that you already have confirmed here. This is to keep sorted out everything and help our cappers to do an easier job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Tell if it's 100% or not. If not, try to make it 100%. If you can't find a way, try doing a stun combo and then the combo you said. Also tell which character to do it on, since every character has different stun and health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:42 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Well Ill start on it now.........

Page 1
Original poster: Don Vecta

Quote:
Characters: Adelheid
Dummy: Mai
Special Condition: Mai must jump back to the other corner to be hit by 2 fireballs.
Description: Mai launches a Kachosen (qcf A) and Adel bounces it back with qcf A, now, Mai must do d, ub A so she jumps back to the corner while Adel, jumps forward following the bounced kachosen.

After the first jump, Adel does his reppuken with qcf B (in that moment Mai should do another d, ub A to be again in the border).

The key thing is that Mai must be hit by her own Kachosen and the Reppuken and still be open for Adel's combo that can be a simple one with super cancel and/or Dreamncancel.

Example: jump D, C (1 hit), f B (1 hit), qcf B (1 hit) SC into qcf x2 D**

*Dream Cancel into God's Press
**Quick Shift to another character to finish up the combo.

Notes or Facts to be tested: I want to know if the speed of the bounced Kachosen can't be altered, so, if he returns with the same speed maybe it can catch up with Adel landing on her.

Tried this and you cant alter the speed of his qcf+B, so cant do two at once. I tried this with kyo, iori, king fireball aswell

Last edited by Dark_Chaotix on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:50 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Page 1
Original Poster: Shura

Quote:
Characters: Kim (L) , Shen Woo
Dummy: Any
Special Condition: Opponent must finish in corner
Description:
Kim: whatever jumping attack or crossup crA closeC hcbD QS Shen
Shen: qcf*2 K at the very last hit QS Kim
Kim: f,fA A (second hit juggles) LDM d,dD

Notes or Facts to be tested:
i managed to connect shen's dm in centerscreen once after the strong hangetsuzan
but i not succeeded anymore and i dunno why maybe i have to try against tizoc..but that time the dummy was ryo
Also i want to make the starting setup better..i've tried to crossup then crB crA into closeC but nothing even on tizoc..there is some strange setup with the dummy rolling at you to make more pokes connect?

I got this combo to work. Had to be in corner for the f,f+A into LDM to connect. I couldnt get it out of corner tho. With the timing of the qcb+D into Shen QS, the timing was tricky but I got it when the last kick hits them and before he hits the ground. But you dont need that for when your in corner, just in mid screen. For a different start up I could only get CO A, cA, sC cos nothin connect with qcb+D other than that. I used Maxima and Adel for Dummies

Last edited by Dark_Chaotix on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Page 1
Original Poster: Persona

Quote:
Characters: Elisabeth
Dummy: Any
Special Condition: Needs to be at a certain angle so the qcf-hcb A hits.
Description: CO jp B, A, f A, A, dp A, qcfx2 E, qcf-hcb A, qcfx2 E

Notes or Facts to be tested: Anyone know how to add more hits or possibly kill them?

I did a different combo and I got 95%. I cant seem to do 100% with her either. My combo was JD, sC, f+A, sA, qcf+A SC into LDM, qcf,hcb+A, SC into LDM. I cant get anymore than that and that was done on Adel, and if it dont work on him well you cant to anything else. I thought maybe I could get a hit after the 2nd LDM from the back bt I couldnt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:49 pm 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Page 10
Original Poster: Shura

Quote:
terry shen kim(L)
coast to coast travel ( )
opponent a step away from corner

terry: crossup D C dpB AB hcfD QS
shen: qcf qcfA QS
kim: LDM d,d D

it's not a difficult combo but i've noticed that is possible to QS out of shen's Dm if your timing is EXACT (press AC or BD when shen touches the opponent very very tricky)
then use kim's ldm speed to catch them before hitting the ground then stomp for additional damage

tell me

I found this combo impossible to pull off. To QS from Shen DM, you can only do it when the fireball round his fist are almost out (which is near the end of the punch) where to get that distance from Terrys QS point isnt far enough. You provided us with a vid to show what you meant, well thats the type of distance need to do the QS and not closer. Try doing it closer and ull see that it doesnt work. I tried many of time to further his distance but I couldnt get it to work. I tried hcf+D, hcf+B, QS but you cant combo after that but the distance was what I needed. I dont know if Shura pulled this off tho but I couldnt once. Worthy of vid if someone does it.

Edit: After watching the vid I can do it now, not easy but yeah i was slightly doing it wrong.

Last edited by Dark_Chaotix on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:02 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

ok i recorded

but don't fool me for the quality my cellphone can't do wonders :P

http://files.filefront.com//;5469461;;/

i can do this 99% of the times not so difficult once got the timing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:04 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Well, I only can say that now that I saw it, the combo is impressive by itself. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:12 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

just one advice now that i tested some new stuff with this combo

it seems that if you time kim's LDM well you can make it whiff then do another just after

but i practiced it only 2 times and it doesn't seems to link the second ldm (and it reuire another stock for a total of 4)

i have to see
thanks DV :P

Post subject: Re: Theorical Combo Test & Cap thread.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:02 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

Don Vecta wrote:
I need our members with PS2/Arcade KOF XI to test out all the combos posted in Theorical Combos. (.....)Afterwards, when the combo is tested, need our cappers to do the high quality capture into video so we can add it to the final works.

Don't forget to de-interlace your videos if you are going for a final capture!
You don't need to spend so much time to boost quality on test captures or for the display of theoretical or practical combo ideas, of course.
BUT if you are going for THE FINAL capture it needs to be perfect quality.

I also feel the need for a convention on video formats for the captures.

I'm also confused by all the threads by now..... If I want to try a finished combo for final capturing then I look [url=http://www.persona-world.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18]>here<[/url] right?
Theoretical combos has been closed, ok.
The community vid poll thread could be locked, right?
Couldn't "Announcement: combo videos organizer" and "Combos finished" threads be merged? You could put the overview of all yet posted videos in the first post of "Combos finished" and then make the thread the announcement. Afterwards delete the old (locked) announcement.

I'm just trying to organize.

--Blast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:31 pm 
Cult Member
Cult Member

The announcement is actually just to put all videos done. Those are not the finished or accepted final works. It's just a place to sort out all the links available. That's why is closed, it's just for reference.

Combos finished is pretty much the combos in video (no matter the quality). Those are neither final works, but at least they're tangible material and still workeable.

Still the merging idea is not half bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:09 pm 
Minion
Minion

Is n e of the combos i suggested u ppl to try impossible to do?, haven't seen n e 1 tryin to capture at least one of them, xcept for Vastago :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:52 pm 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

The first 3 combos out that Dark_Chaotix mentioned out then.

For Shura's Shen into Kim LDM combo, I found a way to make it 100% with it killing at Kim's stomp and it only requires the two highlighters of the combo, Shen and Kim. Do you want that? Or do you think you can find another way to make it 100%? If you want it, just say so and it'll be counted as finished and ready for capture.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next