It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Persona..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:44 pm 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Vastago wrote:
Persona.... About the dizzy....

the timing for the dizzy is a little bit tricky... you actually have to wait for the last QSable hit of Ioris DM.... + check out the time i take (before and after the taunt...) its just enough.

You can also get more time if you land a standing A before the scum gale (it would be Standing A, scum gale for a combo hehe)

ok hope you get it hehe

btw do you like the Hero team combo? i wanted ash to be the main guy there... but i also wanted every guy to participate... i guess its a normal combo... maybe i can take out ash's part and put it in another combo...

Now not trying to knock you but I tried doing double stuns awhile ago and I never got it (this was before your vid came out). I dont know if persona is right with saying if you do it just as they get out of dizziness.......I havent tried your combo yet so I might be wrong but as far as Ive tried I never got two stuns out. Ill give it a go later.

EDIT: I do like your team combo tho. The ash part is nice...........

Post subject: mm i get it...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:28 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

the time... i take about 2/5 of the time .... the other 3/5 are in ioris and ryo's part ....

and yes, when you get dizzy you dont take stun damage for a certain amount of time.... the stun effect takes a lot of time to dissapear, i tried to take a reasonable amount of time (like when you play at the arcade) for the combo to look real hehe...

I have another double stun combo... (and you only have to wait like 3 seconds after the stun...) but some parts of the combo are in other videos... and i havent been able to cap it...

ok see ya guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:06 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

L1r wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Were their any inparticular or all of them???

In particular this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDF6VEfF8c8
The others can wait, but if you have any suggestions I'm more than willing to try 'em out.

Above is your original, the link below is mine. Now I said I had ryo apart of it, but to do my combo you have to have 2 skills and 4 super stocks, so one team member has to die. But this is a 100% combo and I quiet like it.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 8E0BB29733

What you think Persona?

Edit: My version of ryo, iori and kim combo im working on now (by Vast!) so far it doesnt have double stun.............see what I come up with soon.

EDIT 2: Ok vast I did your combo for bout 2 hours and I couldnt get it. I understand what your saying in that Stun has a time limit to it where it expires even tho they are dizzy or slightly a couple of seconds after dizziness. Post up you other one and ill give that a go. If you can do a rec of it itll be good.

Also in your first one, you have to sC from scum gale for it to combo. also you can do a jD, sC before the qcf+A for 2 extra hits.

Post subject: Ok..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

here is my other combo... with double stun...

its very simple...

i recorded the easy version (cause im lazy =P) but.. the easy version... takes less time... so its a legal double stun... =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYzcPjis6o

so the hard version goes like this....

Characters:Duo lon, Bmary and Ryo (leader)

Dummy: tizoc

Special Condition: middle of the screen

Description:

Ryo: crossover D, crouching B, crouching C, LDM [stun] Normal shift

Duo Lon: Run* (towards the opponent) evade him and then do a crossover (watch the vid... its easier to see it =P... thats the way i gain sometime in a "normal" way) air C, crouching A, qcf + A/C, *delay* B, hcb + C, crouching A, qcf + A/C, B, hcb + C, crouching A, qcf + A/C, qcf + A [QS]

Bmary: Air D, standing C (2 hits) forward + B (2 hits), Back~forward + B (or what eva the name is =P) [QS]

Ryo: Air D, croucing C, LDM [stun]... push your opponent to the corner and do qcf + A, then dp + A...

thats the combo... im working.. on a (i know it sounds stupid) triple stun XD jahahahaha but i know thats way to hard to pull it @_@ anyway... maybe ill do another double stun that does not involve ryo....

hope you like it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Well if thats the case, then you should be able to do double stun combos just by lengthing the time between the stub abd the combo after. You basically want long combo with not much damage but good stun damage. Hard to get a good mix.....

Post subject: well...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

thats the basic idea for a double stun

I didnt want to burn time doing nothing (the second combo) like in the first double stun.. with Iori's part....

I think that probably the second combo is better and more plausible than the first one...

in fact if someone (please! =P) can cap the harder version you dont need to burn time evading the opponent... you can just jump to him and start the duo lon combo...

and about the damage/stun relationship =P

well double stun = 100%

in fact a stun combo probably means = 70% ~ 100%

i know that for the combo vid we need 100% combos... but like in the first double stun if i do a larger version (adding more hits... like air D standing C blablabla...) will overkill the opponent @_@

ok... im working on other combos...

hope you like it =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:27 pm 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

@Vastago: IMHO double stun combos aren't really all that good for the video, mostly because, as Dark Chao. pointed out, they're composed of just 2 or 3 average-damage combos linked together by a *LONG* Stun time, I think it'd be better if we could transform them into 100% combos or 1-time Stun combos, which is kind of like a limit, 2 Stun combos are cute *once*, they turn tedious once you have seen them plenty.
@Dark Chaotic: Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy with a bunch of stuff. Anyway, couldn't check the video due to codec issues, will try to fix them and edit the message later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:08 pm 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

L1r wrote:
@Vastago: IMHO double stun combos aren't really all that good for the video, mostly because, as Dark Chao. pointed out, they're composed of just 2 or 3 average-damage combos linked together by a *LONG* Stun time, I think it'd be better if we could transform them into 100% combos or 1-time Stun combos, which is kind of like a limit, 2 Stun combos are cute *once*, they turn tedious once you have seen them plenty.
@Dark Chaotic: Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy with a bunch of stuff. Anyway, couldn't check the video due to codec issues, will try to fix them and edit the message later.

let me know bout any issues.

About the double stun. I had a ryo one that was 100%, but i scraped it. for one it was pretty plain and two it seemed random for when i did the second stun............I got it bout 40% of the time, so for that reason I scraped it. If you wanted to know what it was I can write it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:47 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

I not sure if ppl know but DV is on temp leave and isnt here as often as he is, so therefore i think the project has been put on temporary hold. STill cmae up and test stuff but I think persona and DV check over things wont get back on track until he gets back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:07 pm 
BORED AS ALL HELL
BORED AS ALL HELL

Wow I liked the Elisabeth/Adel combo by DC. :D

Just making sure since I can't watch youtube at the moment, that's L1r's or DC's combo?

About double stuns, I also agree with L1r and DC.

Also I've been taking a break since progress here has been slow lately with DV temporarily gone. :P

Also all the capturers seem to have disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:37 pm 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Persona wrote:
Wow I liked the Elisabeth/Adel combo by DC. :D

Just making sure since I can't watch youtube at the moment, that's L1r's or DC's combo?

About double stuns, I also agree with L1r and DC.

Also I've been taking a break since progress here has been slow lately with DV temporarily gone. :P

Also all the capturers seem to have disappeared.

Well L1r's original combo went like this.

Opponent in corner.
Adel: jD, sC (2hits), b+B, QS
Eliszabeth: JD, sC (2HIts), f+B, f+A, qcf, hcb+A QS
Adel: qcfx2 +D, LDM

This wasnt 100%, and then you have the one I did.............

Its your call persona, L1r was the original idea but i changed it to what it is now.

Im alittle disappointed in some ppl. where did all the captures go?? Just left, and not many ppl testing. Should we take a break until DV comes back or keep going??

Post subject: well...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 am 
Whip Fodder
Whip Fodder

i cant cap.... but i can test.....

i was taking a break... =P anyway i feel bad for the Double stuns they looked nice at first... but then i realised that they are not that great... anyway maybe 1 of the 3 options its good enough for the vid... (maybe.. maybe the hard one)....

anyway... ill test some vids this week....

Post subject: Re: well...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:48 am 
Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter

Vastago wrote:
i cant cap.... but i can test.....

i was taking a break... =P anyway i feel bad for the Double stuns they looked nice at first... but then i realised that they are not that great... anyway maybe 1 of the 3 options its good enough for the vid... (maybe.. maybe the hard one)....

anyway... ill test some vids this week....

Sounds good man. If you can test some stuff that hasnt been touched on itll be good. Im taking a break for a few days myself. ill get back into it after my football grand finals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:59 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Seems most of us are taking a break from the project, eh? As long it doesn't die, it's good for all of us.

BTW, I'd like the e-mail of each and every member of the team so I can pass a newsletter with the advances of the project. I don't wanna lose track of any of you if you are still interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:32 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

I'm interested, yeah lets all take a break, currently a tourney is coming and i donno if i should join it with my team being such low tier, king gai eliz... Sonic_e7@hotmail.com, remember to contact me when things are back to normal...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next