It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rondo Rant
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 am 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

I'm sure everyone knows this and has heard a rant like this before. I speak of course of Richter Belmont's agility, or lack thereof.

I'm not saying that the buttons are unresponsive or anything like that. The mechanics are fine and fully functional. I just find it unusual that the Belmont that is supposed to be the most agile of the family, next to Julius, is slower than molasses. However, I must say the pimp walk is rather entertaining to observe. Especially during the drawbridge scene.

I have yet to play Rondo as Maria, so I do not know how her in game movement is compared to Richter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:29 am 
Visually Appealing
Visually Appealing

when was it ever implied that Richter was the most agile Belmont? it's all gameplay mechanics. if SotN was a Retrovania, Richter would still be doing the Belmont Strut everywhere. in Retrovanias, Belmonts don't need anything fancy like double jumps and sliding. you're lucky Richter has the backflip and moonwalk.

Maria's movement would be much more likable to Retrovania noobs. and if you think Richter's slow in RoB and DXC, wait till you play Dracula X on Super Nintendo.

- Symphony of the Night single segment 34:34
- The Dracula X Chronicles best ending 17:44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:50 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Actually, I implied he was the most agile next to Julius, therefor making him second most agile... Nevermind, I am mistaken. Trevor, Leon, and Juste beat him out in agility.

Again I was wasn't ranting about the mechanics or the game play. Actually I did notice that Richter wasn't the only one slow in DXC. The wyvern boss comes to mind here, as well as several different enemies. So technically he's moving at a normal pace. It just feels like everything is moving in slow motion.

Despite my ranting I am enjoying the game. I am currently getting pwned by the minotaur, but that's mostly my fault. It's all fun.