It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: weird thing... what's the point of Blazing Fire in SOTN?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:52 pm 
Lost Soul
Lost Soul

I tried using Blazing Fire on all type of enemies with different weaknesses (in SOTN) and my conclusion is: except for visual effect, Blazing Fire does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - no extra damage, no fire damage, still deals holy damage... wtf? :evil:

And weird thing #2: while Bible and Rebound Stone deals holy damage in normal usage, in Item Crash they lost the holly attribute... clueless... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 am 
Cult Member
Cult Member

Wow, I haven't been here in a long time...and I find a question that nobody can answer, posted by the elusive machinegun.

1. The blazing fire attack is an afterthought put in at the last minute because one programmer said to the other, "what happens if you don't have a sub-weapon" (in Japanese, of course). So the other guy said, "umm...well lets have the whip become engulfed in holy fire".
Holy fire is not like regular fire...why/how would a metal whip be surrounded by regular flames, anyway? So, it doesn't deal fire damage...just holy.

2. The item crushes are also a special case, since they deal much more damage to a more wide-spread area; they don't need specific attributes. The brute force is good enough on it's own.